We’ve all been there. You’re running late, your hair is wet, and your clothes are a wrinkled mess. So, what do we all sacrifice to get out of the house on time? Breakfast. Then, before we know it, its 12 PM, we haven’t eaten and we are the mayor of grouch city.
The best way I’ve found to keep myself away from the last minute grab at the Cheez-It box (aside from actually keeping track of time) is to have a tastier/ healthier option ready to go. So, without further ado here are a couple of my favorite grab’n go breakfasts and snacks, perfect for those busy mornings or back-to-school lunches.
Ps. I have a bit of a sweet tooth if you’re wondering why the majority of these contain some sort of Cocoa powder.
- ‘Dude Approved’ Copy Cat Rx Bars: This ones a bit of a hodge podge. I’m not one for exact measurements so just know that this consistency should resemble that of one that can be rolled OR pressed into an 8×8 pan– I personally prefer the rolled option. Both are messy but the rolled version is a tad less of a mess.
- 1 C (ish) – Dates
- 1/2-1 C – Egg White Protein
- Handful of Raw almonds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- A spoonful of coconut oil
- Splash of almond extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
** My boyfriend, who never ever admits to enjoying anything labeled healthy, had more than one of these after claiming that they tasted like cherry cordial ice cream … I’ll take that as a win 😉
2. Flourless Blackbean Avocado Brownies (Vegan and Gluten Free)
I know what you’re thinking because I thought the same thing. “If you’re going to eat a brownie, just eat the brownie”. But when Shelby, from @move_gently, introduced me to these tasty treats, my hardened heart was melted.
3. Protein shake/ smoothie
Having a sensitivity to whey, I stick to plant based proteins. One that I have come to know and love is Garden of Life’s Raw Organic Protein (the chocolate one of course). Emmy’s fav is EAS chocolate protein powder.
- Quick tip: I love to mix mine into a smoothie with spinach, frozen bananas, strawberries, and almond milk. Em likes her spinach/banana/peanut butter smoothies with protein powder and whole milk or almond milk.
4. Shelby’s Cafe Coffee
- 1C brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
Blend in a blender or Nutribullet. Pour into favorite mug and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon
5. Oatmeal Bake
Easy ingredients, easy baking, and delicious. Plain and simple.
Gluten and dairy free for all you sensitive tummied people !
We’re all busy and we’re all hungry so … what are your favorite grab ‘n go recipes?