We don’t exactly do run of the mill birthdays in our family. They’re a production. They require thoughtful planning, unplanning and replanning. No, sir, we do not just pass the day with a last year’s candle and a couple cupcakes.
Jess turned 24 last week but has been planning her day for at least a month. She left her heart in Columbus, OH when she graduated from The Ohio State University (go bucks!) two years ago, so we knew where we’d likely be spending the day. So after two coffee stops, a two hour drive and the best egg and bacon sandwich we’ve ever tasted (Thanks, Fox in The Snow!) we had an entire day of antique shopping ahead of us and all of our favorite places just happened to be along our route back home.
We thought we’d share our favorites with you. Try them out and show us what you find!
- Flower Child Vintage – located in the Short North Art District, this funky little place is like stepping into a time machine and is loads of fun to wander through. It’s groovy, baby.
- Heart of Ohio Antique Center – A definite don’t-miss-it spot. Block out a couple hours to make it through their showrooms … This place is HUGE! Em’s not exactly directionaly gifted. She practically needs a compass to get around in there
- Waynesville is chock full of antique shops. Park the car and start walking, we promise you won’t leave empty handed!
- Lebanon Peddler – we ran into the Lebanon Peddler (literally, it was raining cats and dogs) after following them on Instagram and couldn’t believe we hadn’t come sooner. Off the beaten path, Lebanon Peddler is a picker’s paradise.
- Miller’s Antique Mall – How do we love Miller’s? Let us count the ways. This is one of our can’t-leave-without-buying-something place. They have an incredible selection, tons of vendors and super friendly staff. We love you Miller’s Antique Mall.
- Ohio Valley Antique Mall – another mall worthy of a clear schedule. If you can’t find it at OVAM, you’re not looking hard enough.
- Wooden Nickel – If you’re in search of larger items like an antique bar, chandeliers, or some of the most gorgeous antique furnishings you’ve ever laid your flea-market-lovin’ eyes on, Wooden Nickel is your one stop shop.