Let’s face it. Some people are just hard to shop for. Whether they’re the “already has everything” person, or the return/regift type – we all have at least one on our list who sends our inner Santa into a frenzy.
Fear not friends, for Sincerely, Doris Jane scoured the mall, for blog post research of course *wink wink*, in search of vintage inspired gifts that are timeless classics, an instant hit and surely to not be returned. We’ve got you covered from stocking stuffers to hardly-fits-under-your-tree gifts.
- Remember our interview with Sara’s House? We stopped in to do a little shopping and Sara is offering an EXCLUSIVE BOGO offer on her mercury glass ornaments for our readers only! Simply mention: SINCERELYSANTA and you’re an instant VIP. They’re gorgeous on a tree and remind us of the ornaments our grandma’s always had. The best part? They’re not made with actual mercury so they’re household safe.
- Nothing says old school glam like a holly-berry red lip. We stopped over to the MAC counter in Macy’s and tried on a few. Our favorite? MAC Red in their satin finish ($17.50). The perfect shade for a very Marilyn Christmas. Find it online here.
- What’s every lovely lady want for Christmas? Why, Chanel No. 5 of course! We loved the “pink bottle” version. Starting at $80 at Macy’s.
- Get your Don Draper on with crystal barware. We love this set from Macy’s, on sale for $100 right now, but we’ve seen it for as low as $70! A staple in any MadMen loving household.
- Gloves make a statement. They say I’m classy. They say I’m confident. They also say, I’m cold. We love these leather gloves by Charter Club at Macy’s for about $50.
- Pearls go with everything. Faux or Authentic, they’re a must have for every lady’s jewelry box. The best part? You can literally find them EVERYWHERE.
- Christmas music sounds best on vinyl and whether you have records that have been passed down to you or if you’ve picked them up in a local antique store like we did (for just a few dollars a piece at Ohio Valley Antique Mall), you’ll need something to play them on. We had to have this Crosley Rochester 5-in-1 Deluxe Entertainment System for just $99 at Target right now.
- The holidays can be crazy and chaotic. We recently read “Chasing Slow” by Erin Loechner for a fresh perspective on prioritizing family and simply slowing down to enjoy the people and things we’ve been blessed with. We really related to her point of view and think our readers will love it! We found it for $14.95 at Anthropologie, but it’s also available on Amazon, and at your local library.
Happy shopping everybody! Share your vintage inspired gifts on our Facebook page or in the comments below! We’d love to see what you’ve found.